Cyclonic Storm “FANI” to intensify into a severe cyclonic storm during next 06 hours and into a very severe cyclonic storm during subsequent 24 hours.
It is very likely to intensify into a severe cyclonic storm during next 06 hours and into a very severe cyclonic storm during subsequent 24 hours. It is very likely to move northwestwards till 01st May evening and thereafter recurve north-northeastwards gradually.
Forecast track and intensity are given in the following table:
|Date/Time(IST)||Position (Lat. 0N/ long. 0E)||Maximum sustained surface
wind speed (Kmph)
|Category of cyclonic disturbance|
|29.04.19/0830||8.7/86.9||80-90 gusting to 100||Cyclonic Storm|
|29.04.19/1130||9.3/86.6||85-95 gusting to 110||Cyclonic Storm|
|29.04.19/1730||10.0/86.3||95-105 gusting to 120||Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|29.04.19/2330||10.5/86.0||110-120 gusting to 135||Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|30.04.19/0530||11.0/85.6||120-130 gusting to 145||Very Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|30.04.19/1730||11.9/84.8||130-140 gusting to 155||Very Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|01.05.19/0530||12.5/84.0||150-160 gusting to 175||Very Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|01.05.19/1730||13.1/83.7||160-170 gusting to 185||Very Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|02.05.19/0530||13.7/83.8||170-180 gusting to 195||Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|02.05.19/1730||14.5/84.0||170-180 gusting to 195||Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|03.05.19/0530||15.5/84.3||165-175 gusting to 190||Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|03.05.19/1730||16.5/84.7||160-170 gusting to 185||Extremely Severe Cyclonic Storm|
|04.05.19/0530||17.5/85.1||155-165 gusting to 180||Very Severe Cyclonic Storm|
(i) Heavy rainfall warning
- Light to moderate rainfall at many places with heavy falls at isolated places very likely over Kerala on 29th & 30th April, 2019. Light to moderate rainfall at a few places over north coastal Tamil Nadu & south coastal Andhra Pradesh on 29th & 30th April, 2019.
- Light to moderate rainfall at few places very likely over north coastal Andhra Pradesh & south coastal Odisha on 2nd May. It is likely to increase in intensity with heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated places over coastal Odisha & adjoining districts of north coastal Andhra Pradesh from 3rd May. Light to moderate rainfall at many places with heavy falls at isolated places also very likely to commence over coastal districts of West Bengal from 3rd May.
(ii) Wind warning
- Gale wind speed reaching 80-90 kmph gusting to 100 kmph is prevailing over southeast BoB & neighbourhood. It is very likely to increase gradually becoming 120-130 kmph gusting to 145 kmph over Southwest Bay of Bengal from 30thmorning and 160-170 kmph gusting to 185 kmph over southwest & adjoining westcentral Bay of Bengal off north Tamilnadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh Coasts from 01st May evening.
- Strong wind speed reaching 30-40 kmph gusting to 50 kmph very likely along & off Tamilnadu & Puducherry coast, Comorin area and Gulf of Mannar on today the 29th April, becoming squally wind speed reaching 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 kmph from 30th morning. It is very likely to become squally wind speed reaching 50-60 kmph gusting to 70 kmph from 30th evening along north Tamilnadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh Coasts.
- Strong wind speed reaching 30-40 kmph gusting to 50 kmph very likely along & off Kerala coast on today the 29thApril and becoming squally wind speed reaching 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 kmph on 30th.
- Squally wind speed reaching 40-50 kmph gusting to 60 kmph is very likely to commence along & off north Andhra Pradesh & Odisha Coasts from 2nd May and likely to become 50- 60 kmph gusting to 70 kmph from 3rd May onwards over the same area.
(iii) Sea condition
- The sea condition is very high over southeast BoB & neighbourhood. It is likely to become phenomenal over southwest & adjoining westcentral BoB off north Tamilnadu, Puducherry and south Andhra Pradesh coasts from 30th morning and over westcentral BoB off Andhra Pradesh Coast during 1-3 May 2019.
- Sea condition is very likely to be rough to very rough along & off Puducherry, Tamilnadu and south Andhra Pradesh coasts till 1st May 2019, along & off north Andhra Pradesh coasts on 1-3 May and along & off Odisha coast from 2nd May onwards.
(iv) Fishermen Warning
- The fishermen are advised not to venture into deep sea areas of southeast BoB & adjoining Equatorial Indian Ocean, southwest BoB and off Sri Lanka coast on today the 29th April; southwest & adjoining westcentral BoB along & off Sri Lanka, Puducherry, Tamilnadu & south Andhra Pradesh coasts till 1st May, westcentral BoB along & off north Andhra Pradesh coast during 1st-3rd May 2019 and northwest & adjoining westcentral BoB along & off Odisha coast from 2nd May onwards.
- Those, who are out in deep sea in above areas are advised to return to the coasts.