The Single-window system is a trade facilitation idea. The main value proposition for having a single window for a country or economy is to increase the efficiency through time and cost savings for traders in their dealings with government authorities for obtaining the relevant clearance and permit(s) for moving cargoes across national or economic borders. In a traditional pre-single-window environment, traders may have had to contend with visits and dealings with multiple government agencies in multiple locations to obtain the necessary papers, permits, and clearances to complete their import or export processes.
The main value proposition for having a single window for a country or economy is to increase the efficiency through time and cost savings for traders in their dealings with government authorities for obtaining the relevant clearance and permit(s) for moving cargoes across national or economic borders. In a traditional pre-single-window environment, traders may have had to contend with visits and dealings with multiple government agencies in multiple locations to obtain the necessary papers, permits, and clearances to complete their import or export processes.
In recent times, The Uttar Pradesh state government has kickstarted the process of creating a single-window clearance system for developers, a move that will significantly reduce real estate project costs in Uttar Pradesh.
“The idea is to bring all the development authorities under one roof and ensure clearance in a time bound manner. It will provide a one-stop integrated services to real estate promoters. This will also check delays in approval and clearance processes by putting and tracking Service Level Agreements (SLAs) on each activity involved,” said Rajive Kumar, chairperson, UP RERA.
A single window service aims to deliver specific benefits to the main communities and stakeholders in cross-border trade.
- Permit-issuing agencies
- Ministries: Ministries (and other trade monitoring bodies) may be able to obtain cross-border trade-related data and statistics in a comprehensive and timely manner from the single window service provider
- Shipping and forwarding community
- Ship arrival notice
- IMO FAL forms:
- General declaration
- Cargo declaration
- Ship’s store’s declaration
- Crew’s effects declaration
- Crew list
- Passenger list declaration
- Dangerous Goods
- Electronic ship clearance
- Shippers and traders
- Banking and insurance community
“This will ultimately help the homebuyers as the benefit of cost cuts will be passed on to them and it will ensure timely delivery. The authority should also be held accountable if there is a delay from their side. There should be a system where a builder is required to submit documents at one place only,” said Manoj Gaur, chairman of Gaurs Group.
As of July 2020, 53,364 real estate projects have been registered under RERA across the country while in UP the number of registered projects stood at 2818 as of July 2020.
“Sometimes after completing the construction, a builder has to wait up to a year for the completion certificate. There is no timeline for the builder who has to pay interest, which earlier used to get passed on to the homebuyers. Once the approvals start coming in a time-bound manner, developers can reduce unnecessary cost,” said RK Arora, president of Uttar Pradesh chapter of apex real estate body National Real Estate Development Council (NAREDCO).
Government of Uttar Pradesh has launched ‘Nivesh Mitra’, a web-based online facility for entrepreneurs desirous of setting up an enterprise in UP. Udyog Bandhu, a Govt. Agency for Investment Promotion is acting as a nodal agency for the implementation of this project.
Nivesh Mitra has been envisaged as a simple, user-friendly, entrepreneur centric web application that enables existing & prospective investors and entrepreneurs to get online clearances/NOC from concerned departments with ease and minimal “running around”. Now entrepreneur will not need running from pillar to post for filling and submitting various application forms manually with a number of enclosures in order to get the requisite clearances as for setting up of an industry he requires these approvals and the requisite forms may vary depending on the nature of unit to be set up, its size, location and so on. The fact that most of the time there is very little information available to get this process streamlined makes this a difficult exercise, consuming a lot of time, money and energy. Needless to say, these requirements are necessary for proper regulation and facilitation of industrial development. It acts as a seamless interface, aimed to facilitate faster and time bound issuance of various approvals needed by entrepreneurs desirous of setting up of an enterprise in U.P. It provides a hassle free and user friendly platform between existing & prospective investors and entrepreneurs and various departments to ensure faster and time bound issuance of various approvals.
“The single window clearance system is a prudent move by the UP government towards the real estate sector. This will not only help us in fast tracking the projects, but let us work on a project with comparatively lesser interest amount,” said Amit Modi, Director ABA Corp.
“The benefit from reduced interest rates would be translated to the price points offered to the end-users. The immense amount of time saved from permissions and clearances can be utilized in developing better stakeholder relationships, and driving more investment towards the sector,” he added further to it.
The following Government departments have been presently included in the umbrella of Nivesh Mitra: Directorate of Industries
- Pollution Control Board
- Commercial Tax
- Electrical Safety
- Food & Drug Admin.
- Revenue Department
- Registrar Firms and Society
- Legal Metrology
- Public Works Department
- Electrical Inspectorate
- Industrial Development Authority(UPSIDC/ NOIDA/ Greater Noida/ YEIDA
Some unique Features of Nivesh Mitra
An entrepreneur friendly application to enhance ease of doing business in U.P. The Single-window system.
- Transparent, unified, one-stop solution for investor onboarding & time bound delivery of services.
- Online access, document submission & processing of application forms for setting up of industries/enterprises.
- Provision of Common Application Form (CAF) for applying to pre-establishment and pre-operation clearances/approvals.
- Details filled by the entrepreneur in CAF being auto-populated in clearance specific application form.
- Online payment of processing of application fees.
- Provision to download final approved digitally signed NOC in pdf format.
- The ‘Know your Approvals’ feature to assist investors in understanding the approvals required.
- Seamless integration with the department concerned.
- Saves time and effort as repeated visits to different departments not required.
- Reduced timelines for clearances/approvals.
- Automatic SMS and e-mail response to entrepreneurs generated at each stage.
- Online monitoring of applications can be done by entrepreneur, the department concerned & DIC at District level, Divisional level and State level.
• Grievance redressal/Online feedback submission on draft government policies.